Thursday, July 10, 2014

I have to apologize. This blog is already over a year old and I haven't done much to make it grow. I've been busy collecting and updating my shop but I realize part of the magic is revealing the behind-the-scenes action of my business. I realize it's important for me to share my passion for this path I've decided to take--into the dusty wardrobes of strangers and racks of unpronounced clothing in second-hand stores.

Let me give you some back-story...
It began with me desperately wanting an "in" to my two older sisters' hangouts (one of which is the owner of Vintspiration). When I was finally old enough and invited to my sisters' excavations, I realized I fit into almost any vintage clothing I try on (which was more than I could say about Lei jeans at Kohl's) and my patience could be exercised by perusing through endless racks of clothing just to find a possible one or two articles worth saving. Finally, I was able to get closer with my sisters in a way I found enjoyable and self-expressive. As early as middle school I began experimenting with fashion and wearing vintage clothing. I realized I couldn't afford Abercrombie & Fitch or American Eagel (unless I was rifling through their sales section) and if I wasn't "cool" by 6th grade, I wasn't going to be by 8th.

I've always been a hunter when it comes to shopping for clothes. Whether it was pre-thrifting or not, shopping was always tough with my small yet tall frame. I found my niche in vintage clothing and thankfully still fit into most of what I can find (vintage) in my size. I get a high off a good find and even more excited when it's for a great price. I want to share with you my life and relationship with all things vintage with this blog. I've realized over the years I fall in love with a lot of the vintage clothes I buy but don't necessarily self-identify with them and therefor have decided to open up my own shop like my older sister had over a decade ago. I am a 20-year-old art student looking to make some money while fulfilling my pursuit in staying close with the vintage scene as well as becoming a successful blogger in the process.

I will be sharing what I learn, what I wear, how I shop, and why I shop...and more probably! Keep checking in, there will be new things coming!

Here's me in 2007 and 2008 modeling for my sister, hah!

and even today I still model for her!.. (not in that pre-teen awkward stage anymore! yay!) 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment