Friday, July 11, 2014

when is that silk scarf craze coming back?


Is it just me (I don't think it's just me) but do any of you thrifts have a sweet spot for silk scarves? I have a pile of silk scarfs I've collected and don't know what to do with! Do you? I say we start wearing them! I had fun tying, twisting and throwing this scarves around my mannequin, Quin (some people name their cars, I name my dress form). 

I've tired those youtube tutorials where they attempt to show you step-by-step but I can never follow them and end up repeating the same 3 or 4 seconds over to realize it's still too fast!! I've always been one to look at the pictures before reading instruction manuals... I have a whole collection of silk scarves I've been saving for the right moment but always fail to present them on those occasions because I only know a few ways of wearing them. This Miss Bailman color block 1970s tulip scarf that is now available in my shop helped me overcome that anxiety of figuring out how to wear these damn (beautiful) accessories! Is that why they're not so popular? Because they should be! Gone is that worry of how to properly wear a scarf, who made the rules anyway? Have fun with your clothes and accessories and if it feels right, wear it! Imagine this one with a nice flow-y white shirt and some dark skinny jeans (my go-to look). It would be the perfect accent piece to conjoin the pre-plain-jane ensemble. I vouch to begin wearing these amazing accessories and so should you! Send photos of your rocking your favorite silk scarf, I'll make sure to post some!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment