Sunday, July 13, 2014

Thrift-daydreaming...

I woke up to the sound of rain today, opening my blinds to a paper-white sky and damp brush. What I thought could have been a day busy photographing my vintage fall items, I quickly made the realization I'll have to wait (velvet and corduroy don't photograph well in such crappy lighting). Immediately, I get the urge to drive to the nearest salvation army where I could file through endless articles of clothing, asking myself, "is it possible to get carpel tunnel shopping?" NO!--I have to pace myself. I have enough summer wear to photograph and not enough room in my cramped as-is room in my parent's two-bedroom apartment. So what do I do today? I suppose making a treasury list at 2AM can count...

Thoughts that creep into my mind when I have that urge to thrift....

1. There aren't many feelings that beat that sense of achievement when you lay your hands on your first find of the day (even if it takes a few aisles of clothing to go through).

2. Those vintage items are just screaming your name, waiting for you to buy them and find them their rightful owner.

3. What could they look like? I mean there's a million possibilities of what you could find...

4. Don't have room for more clothes?! That's what these are for!

5. I wonder what tag/ color is on sale today...

6. When do they restock? Is it daily or on Mondays? About to google this...

    answer: daily; ahhh, even more of a reason to go!!!


1 Comment:

JC said...

#5 - Soooooooo true!!! Lol

Post a Comment