Sunday, July 13, 2014

Need some doodle inspiration?

As an artist, I know how difficult it is to start a piece sometimes. The empty canvas or stark white page in your sketch book can haunt or mock you for days. Either way, the battle of creating between your left-side brain and yourself can be tiresome.

I came across the artist David Jablow today (on my day off) and I couldn't help but marvel at the doodles he's come up with from original, vintage doodle pads. He makes DIY preliminary sketches for people to follow as well as showcases some of his drawings he's doodled up. He's started the "do it yourself Doodler" project and you should check it out if you are interested on his Facebook page here!

The 1950s pin up girl style of these initial doodles can come off a bit raunchy (if you have a dirty mind I suppose...) but the imagination that is drawn up on these finished pieces of artwork are truly incredible!

If you're as bored as me today, why don't you try some of these out?


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment